New and improved - artist's illustrations of the play and relaxation spaces in the reviatlised Tantony Green park:
When North Meets South created our first Plan, the community identified Green and Open spaces as a priority area. In particular you said:
• There was a need for more places for children and young people of all ages to play safely
• That some of our existing green spaces need to be developed
So we decided to hire a company to do an Audit of all the Green and Open spaces in the Big Local Area. We published this Green spaces Tender, to recruit out partner.
Then we commissioned Wynne Williams Associates to audit and review the green and open spaces within the North meets South Area, and to consult with local residents and stakeholders further on the current and potential use of these spaces. Wynne Williams Associates produced a report on our behalf. You can read it here.
We then commissioned Design with Nature to produce design options and suggestions for potential play equipment based on our previous consultations with you. These were shared at the 2017 Dragon’s Den event, and your views have helped inform a successful Veolia Environmental Trust grant application to help Big Local funding go further and create an amazing park for all to enjoy. Did you see the artist's illustrations above?
During the next 2 years we plan to prioritise the activities detailed below:
- Improved play facilities at Tantony Green
- Outdoor Gym at Tantony Green
- Community gardening and food growing activities
- Benches – tree benches and independent benches along popular routes
- Establishment of “Friends of” groups, in particular for Tantony green and Padnall Lake
- Activity equipment for use in green spaces
- Work with the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham to discuss the maintenance of existing spaces, such as Padnall Lake, and on littering and recycling in the area
We're always keen to know what you think, so please do completeing the form below and let us know your thoughts.