Through our consultations with older people over the last year we identified the need for activities for older people. You told us you’re keen to keep active with opportunities like darts, chair-based exercise, short mat bowls, yoga, knitting and social singalongs. You also wanted us to talk to the Council about litter, lights, safety and benches.
Under Strengthening Communities, during the next 2 years we plan to prioritise the activities detailed below for Children, Families, Young People and Older People:
- Activities for older people and other adults, including arts & crafts, fitness and socials to help build friendships and combat isolation
- Digital inclusion projects, supporting people of all ages to access online facilities and services – for example, job searching for people who are unemployed, or access to services for older isolated members of the community
- New – Training Bursary Fundaimed at 16 to 25 year olds and possibly others
- New – life skills and opportunities, including interactive engagement and learning for 12 to 19 year olds
- Sports and arts activities for children and young people of all ages, including holiday provision and youth work
- Help with schoolwork or homework